Preparations for forthcoming London Exhibition at 5th Base Gallery.


The "InterRelation" MA Fine Art Group exhibition at 5th Base Gallery, London, is fast approaching and preparations for this exciting opportunity are underway. The group is currently curating the show using a scale model (1:25) of the gallery floor plan (I created using foam board and scaled figures) so that we can visualise and plan the artworks for display. This has become a very useful tool for promoting critical discussion in the curation process. The press release and exhibition poster has been uploaded onto the gallery website http://www.5thbase.co.uk/forthcoming and a marketing campaign has been pushed out on social media platforms.  
Press Release

Social Media Platform Marketing

To test my curation ideas I have been trying out different configurations of my artworks in the studio. After the success of my  displayed puppets at the Linear Gallery exhibition last month I was keen to test an alternative version of the drawer artworks. This time I revisited my photography works executed at Alice Holt and  appropriated the drawers to create box frames. The photographic transparency was cut to size and adhered to the edges of the box frame and then wall mounted. The sturdy materiality of the box allowed for me to add my bronze crow motif to the top of the box. After careful consideration and much reflection I have decided to include this piece to the exhibition as it provides the audience with another layer of narrative to the works and showcases my multidisciplinary fine art approach. 
'Untold', 2018
Sara Jayne Harris


Comments

Popular Posts